Celebrate a dog’s birthday with a dog’s birthday cake!
A well-fenced backyard is a great place to hold a dog birthday party. Invite a few well-behaved doggie friends over. You can send out invitations ahead of time! Make sure you have plenty of water in non-skid dog bowls, and plenty of poop bags within easy reach (these are available in bright colors to blend in with the party theme!
Just make sure to remove any items that could be dangerous or broken. It’s always a good idea to let your neighbors know you will be hosting a dog party, and to invite them if they have a dog!
This is an easy dog treat recipe to follow. The array of colors comes from jimmies or sprinkles that are added to the cake mix. The amount needed to achieve this effect is small, so you are not adding a lot of extra sugar. Sugar-free sprinkles in vibrant colors are difficult to find.
Party Time Dog Cake
You will need:
- 1 package dog cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- Colored sprinkles or jimmies
- Bone-shaped dog cake pan
- 1 package Fido’s Frosting dog treat frosting
- 1 powdered food color kit
(You can choose to color the birthday cake dog treat icing any color using these powdered colors.)
If you prefer to use all natural colored sprinkles, try these sprinkles:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour entire contents of cake mix into mixing bowl.
- Add oil, water and egg and mix well.
- Stir in the colored jimmies or sprinkles. They will melt and create spots of color throughout the cake.
- Pour mixture into pre-greased cake pan.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick poked into middle comes out clean.
- Cool cake for 1 hour or longer if needed.
- Mix up Fido’s Frosting. Follow directions closely. Frosting will be white.
- Mix in powdered color to desired hue. (Do not use liquid food coloring.)