Dog cake baking tips 2: continuation from Dog Cake Baking Tips
Tip #3 – Baking A Great Dog Cake
- Preheat the oven to the temperature called for in the recipe before you put the cake in. This will take about 10 – 15 minutes. Preheating to the desired temperature ensures that your cake will cook evenly.
- When a recipe calls for eggs, use the large size.
- To measure liquid in a measuring cup, let the meniscus (the curve of the top part of the liquid) touch the line of the desired amount. Look at it at eye level.
- Do not overbeat the batter or overmix. Follow the directions of the recipe.
- If you are planning to use more than one recipe at a time, mix them one at a time. Then, you can add baking time to the entire mixture.
- After preparing the cake mix, pour into the greased cake pan immediately and put into the oven. Place in the center of the oven rack.
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven and let it cool. See Part 1 for more about cooling the cake.
Tip #4 – Cake did not rise
The cause could be any of the following:
- Too much water or oil added to mix
- Pan is too large for the amount of batter
- Oven not hot enough
- Over or underbeating of the batter
Tip #5 – Cake Fell
- Cake could be underbaked or removed from the oven before completely baked
- Oven door was opened during the baking process
- There was too much water or oil in the batter
- Over beating or underbeating of the batter
- Extra ingredients were added that were not in the recipe
Following these guidelines should have you well on your way to becoming a dog cake baking pro!